Clear all

deckadence vs spaghetti mat

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Wakeboatlife
Topic starter
(@wakeboatlife)

So here is the deal I was looking into both the deckadence or the spaghetti mat, the deckadence is higher quality but the price goes along with it. So I went with the spaghetti mat simply because of price. The thing is it wasn't long before the top got really hard and even brittle.  So I went back to deckadence and explained what happened, they said that was because of no UV stabilizers in the spaghetti mat and not marine rated. Anyways they did give me a good discount and the deckadence so now at least I got the good stuff!  

3 Replies
somebeach
(@somebeach)

That's interesting the same thing happened with mine, I thought it got burnt, but I didn't even think about the UV. I did see something about it on the deckadence site somthing about a UV test and what not.  Anyways how did you get the deckadence discount?

Wakeboatlife
Topic starter
(@wakeboatlife)

I explained what happened and they were like "well you learned you get what you pay for" and threw me a bone, but if you are a vet they give good discounts. Ask them see what they say?

shipmate88
(@shipmate88)

Hey there I am not sure about discounts but you are right the spaghetti it is cheap for a reason, in the Navy there is a process of accelerated weather testing (called a QUV test) I asked the supplier for the verification and she didn't even know what it was. Having said that yes the deckadence is pricy but so was my boat LOL.  

Share: